Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series B company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
Aurora is looking for mindful and strategic product managers who have a passion for delivering simple, useful, and delightful solutions to complex problems. This role will deliver our human-powered service offerings to our customers as part of our larger software platform, allowing our customers to request assistance from Aurora in performing key steps in their solar project workflow.
We are a diverse team, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Set the vision, strategy, and product roadmap for your team
- Prioritize solving problems that add customer value and deliver business results
- Deliver services that have their own associated revenue, margins, and adoption metrics
- Partner with our Operations team to optimize workflows and drive key metrics for operational excellence
- Originate, collect, and synthesize product ideas from customers
- Validate opportunities and mitigate risks upfront through qualitative and quantitative research
- Deliver the best solutions to customer problems using agile and lean product strategies and techniques
- Partner with Design to discover user needs and define the best user experience
- Partner with Engineering to define scope, requirements, and timeline for deliverables
- Work collaboratively within your product team and with other teams to deliver valuable and delightful user experiences
- Evangelize customer needs, problems, and feedback throughout the organization
- Develop metrics, systems, and processes to measure the effectiveness of the experiences and outcomes and continue to iterate until goals are met
- Guide a small team in achieving goals out of their comfort zone and influence company management
What we value:
- Foundational comprehension of engineering, product design, strategy, and analytics
- Ability to ship products, achieve business outcomes, and iterate based on learnings
- Fast learner: proven ability to eagerly tackle new and complex challenges
- Operational focus: expert at managing complex multi-user workflows and driving operational excellence through software development and automation
- Big thinker: ability to define and evangelize product vision and business strategy
- Outcome-oriented: articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it; proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations
- Rigorous: asks lots of questions, validates their assumptions, and guides the way to achieving goals
- Excellent communicator
- Passionate about creating quality customer experiences
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Read Full Job Description