Senior Product Manager, Spending & Saving
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
At Chime, we believe in the power of our product to help people lead healthier financial lives. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our Spending & Saving team.
This team is responsible for ensuring that Chime delivers on its mission: to improve members’ financial health. You will be building solutions that help people understand their financial needs and change their behaviors in order to meet their goals. The core member problems you will be responsible for are: running out of money before payday, not having an emergency savings fund, and the stress caused by managing finances.
You will drive decision-making through customer insights, quantitative analysis, and AB testing. You will own the end-end strategy, roadmap, and execution of all Spending & Savings features (including but not limited to: spending insights, joint accounts, tracking upcoming expenses, bill pay, cashback rewards, subscription management, savings goals, etc.) You bring deep empathy and can effectively prioritize with limited resources. You have a growth mindset and want to be challenged. You have a high bar and want to be a difference-maker in the organization. You’ll bring a sense of urgency that matches the incredible opportunity we have ahead of us.
- Own and drive the strategy to help members spend smarter and save more
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative features
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products/experiments
- Ship minimum-loveable-products that allow us to test our hypotheses while delivering a quality customer experience
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies)
- Rapidly iterate on services using customer feedback
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Partner with marketing, risk, compliance, engineering, design, QA, and analytics teams to build software collaboratively and inclusively
- 3+ years experience as a product manager
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- Experience designing intuitive mobile user interfaces and executing product plans with a well-defined process
- Prior experience in Fintech or Growth a plus
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design
- Empathy for users and a drive to discover and resolve their pain points
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Experience at a fast-growing startup in a cross-functional environment
- Passion for our mission: helping members lead healthy financial lives
- Strong collaboration in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.