Senior Product Manager
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and automates the inventory and ordering process. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
As Product Manager for our Integrations team, you’ll be responsible for building APIs, products, and platforms. You’ll work closely with customers, our product teams, as well as our application and data science teams to design and build our technology that is transforming an industry. You’ll be paired with engineering teams in SF or Denver, responsible for taking products and features from conception to launch.
Our ideal Product Manager has led technical products or large-scale platforms, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and data correctness as well as beautiful product UX and API design.
You’d be trusted with operating a non-trivial portion of America’s economy.
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.
What You Will Do
- Be responsible for driving the vision, roadmap and execution of the integrations platform at Skupos
- Interact with customers and prospects to develop a deep understanding of their problems and requirements for the data platform
- Interface with cross-functional teams, including design engineering, sales, services and customer success to prioritize features and functionality
- Manage complex product and technical decisions, and work with design and engineering to drive development through the agile methodology.
- Work with the application engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
- Lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders
- Navigate competing integration initiatives and communicate with precision
- Drive prioritization, strategy and vision for a wide array of integration efforts across multiple product teams
What You Should Have
- At least 5+ years of Product Management experience in fast paced startup(s).
- Deep technical understanding of various big data products
- Proven experience with enterprise SaaS
- Proven track record of both setting product vision, and translating that vision into a product roadmap with end-to-end execution shipping of products
- Ability to drive teams toward a shared vision with velocity, and possess an indomitable bias toward action in the face of ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to cater messages to audience including all levels of the organization (from executives to software engineers at implementation level)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Excellent ability to empathize and communicate with people with different points of view
- Analytical mindset that makes data driven decisions and can easily calculate ROI.
- Proven track record of pushing complex, revenue-impacting features and products to closure in a web/mobile environment
- Understanding of and experience with high throughput data pipelines and data engineering efforts
- Extreme ownership of your projects. Experience driving large cross-organizational projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Experience working on a large scale platforms or infrastructure
- A computer science, math, or science degree or software engineering experience
- You wake up dreaming of strategy, drink coffee while whiteboarding a wireframe, and finish dinner after writing user stories.
What We Offer
• Competitive salary
• Healthcare benefits
• Commuter benefits
• Major role in a strong, small and growing development team
• Be a part of a key platform of product offerings to the retail convenience store industry
What are your goals and aspirations? Build your technical skills, business acumen, and leadership with Skupos.
Read Full Job Description