Senior Technical Product Manager - Subscriptions and Payments at Unity Technologies
Unity's Games-Digital team is growing! We are now building a focus on payments and subscriptions. On this team, we are working together in growing Unity’s new eCommerce/Self-service platform. We work to ensure our customers can purchase our products and services with speed and ease.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to join our team to lead new product initiatives, enabling Unity creators worldwide in making secure and seamless transactions across all Unity digital properties. We are looking for strong leadership abilities, combined with a deep technical understanding of traditional and new payment technologies/flows, subscriptions, and SaaS businesses. In this role, you will be the product owner for a reliable subscription and payment system that enables unified end-to-end management of Unity products, services & affiliated 3rd parties products.
You will draw upon your experience working across teams and functions to gain alignment and construct a roadmap that serves the needs of multiple partners and user types. In addition to your comprehensive understanding of product management methods and technical aptitude, you’ll utilize your interpersonal skills, both in writing and in person, and work closely with various teams to bring new services to market.
This role is a highly visible, cross-functional role, collaborating across many of Unity's teams and units to ensure the success of the product for our users. Strong communication skills at all levels, including executive level, driving for alignment and teamwork, will be very important! In addition, you will work across the company with Unity product marketers, designers, data and analytics leads, project managers, engineers, and other PMs to drive success.
What you’ll be doing
- Crafting a users-first product strategy for subscription and payment infrastructure, ensuring the detailed development of end-to-end user experiences and enabling purchase/payment capability across Unity's digital properties
- Developing and maintain the product roadmap for the Unity payments and subscriptions system and prioritizing in conjunction with other internal partners
- Partnering with the cross-functional engineering team on a regular basis, helping develop team priorities
- Converting customer and internal user needs into well-defined functional and technical requirements, backed by data analysis and a deep understanding of the payments landscape
- Defining product success criteria, measuring and reporting the effectiveness of new initiatives, developing launch plans and ensuring product readiness
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of technical product management experience, with sophisticated products or services
- Strong communication skills to discuss technical requirements with engineering and data science teams.
- Experience leading collaborative global, multi-team projects
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks.
You might also have
- Experience with payments in e-commerce, retail, digital media, or consumer SaaS platform
- Experience working on gateway, commerce, licensing, and/or identity products
- Background in Computer Science
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.