Sr. Product Manager, Flight Supplier Systems at TripActions
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager, Flight Supplier Systems to own the strategy and execution of our supplier systems for Flights. You’ll be the product manager for TripActions’ supplier management stack, which includes connectivity to our supplier partners and associated systems necessary to manage that flight inventory and subsequent transactions. This person will partner closely with leaders across product (user experience, commerce, etc.), design, engineering, finance and operations, as well as external partners and customers.
What You'll Do
- Define the product strategy for flight supply and create a prioritized road map. This will include helping TripActions develop a more flexible supply platform able to connect to and optimize the inventory our clients need.
- Deliver crisp product requirement documents that are easily understood by technical and non-technical folks
- Use data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity
- Understand technical dependencies and be able to communicate what's needed to our engineering team
- Collaborate with counterparts in other product, engineering and business teams (customer success, sales/marketing, finance) to launch and maintain new features
- Stay close to our supply partners (GDS & Non-GDS) to understand their systems and plans (new features, API upgrades, etc) and ensure that these are planned properly in our roadmaps
- Drive product development by working daily with design and engineering teams through all phases of product development: ideation, design, development, and product rollout
What We're Looking For
- An experienced travel tech product person who knows when and isn’t afraid to challenge industry norms and the way things have always been.
- 5+ years of Product or Technical Product Management experience in the travel industry with some portion of that time working with flights.
- Previous experience and knowledge of GDS distribution and connectivity, including understanding of PNR flows and API usage. Hands on experience in Sabre is helpful.
- Previous experience integrating and managing Non-GDS flight inventory (eg. NDC, direct connections, 3rd party aggregators) through the shopping/booking/servicing lifecycle
- Some knowledge of travel agency workflows, including fulfillment and servicing. Experience working with travel agent tools is a plus.
- Basic understanding of the travel agency economics, specifically as it relates to supplier revenue models.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors (e.g. GDS, airlines) to integrate and maintain systems
- Effective mgmt of Jira backlogs/grooming, experience managing sprints sprint when needed
- Technical Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development. Able to communicate and justify the work and priorities.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment