Sr. Product Manager, SMS at NextRoll
You’ll join our Product team reporting to the Director, Product Management for Automation and Engagement to own the discovery, planning, delivery, scaling, and impact of AdRoll’s SMS engagement product. As the SMS Product Manager you’ll work within a larger Product team on an effective product to release ecommerce focused SMS features to our tens of thousands of users. You’ll lead and influence your product management peers on the SMS product vision, and drive the discovery, customer empathy and execution of our forward thinking roadmap. You’ll become the voice of our e-commerce brand users - representing high-value problems for our product teams to solve and drive value and growth for our customers.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.What you’ll do:
- Use Product Discovery practices to uncover, validate, and meet high value customer needs for interacting with their prospects and customers using strategies including SMS
- Craft an SMS focused roadmap, built to deliver more revenue and a better customer experience
- Leverage your understanding of the ecommerce space to help pinpoint future features and emerging trends in the SMS marketing space.
- Organize efforts around ‘problems-to-be-solved’ outcomes instead of ‘features-to-be-launched’ output. Work with the engineering team to craft the stories (what problem are we solving, for whom, why).
- Communicate well with cross functional teams. Occasionally create and deliver presentations.
- You’ll spend time talking with users and learn how to understand their businesses and challenges.
- Gather customer and prospect input using multiple methods, including in-person communication, industry conferences, focus groups, beta releases, surveys, feature requests, online reviews, and more.
- Digest and synthesize this feedback & research with the product team to support learning across the organization.
- At least 3 years of direct Product Management experience at high-growth technology companies
- Come with the fundamental product management skills you’ll need to succeed in the role. You should have experience working on product features throughout their entire journey from customer research to implementation and release.
- Strong experience working cross-functionally and building influence internally and externally
- Experience building productized SMS channels. Bonus if this experience is in the ecommerce space.
- You have worked for an ecommerce agency, SaaS or DTC brand in an SMS marketing capacity, helping to build and launch stores or marketing campaigns.
- You have a passion for emerging DTC trends and a fire for independent retail.
- Bachelor's Degree
- You have experience working with software developers and product designers.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment or are committed to adapting and always learning
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
AdRoll, a division of NextRoll, is a leading marketing automation platform that gives growing ecommerce brands the power to connect with people everywhere they go online.The AdRoll Platform is fueled by our pioneering use of machine learning to analyze real-time performance advertising data – and that early work is why more than 120k brands have relied on us since 2007. We believe in giving every ecommerce marketer across fashion, beauty, health & wellness, travel, and more, the marketing automation – aka superpowers – they need to connect with customers and grow their business.We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.