TIP: Product Manager - Back Office Tools at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- You will develop nuanced insights into what is needed for back office teams to serve Upwork customers and enable Upwork growth
- You will lead with a compelling vision that motivates and drives dedication across the organization
- You will be versed in all major company initiatives to the degree that you can effectively prioritize any associated back office tools requests that are made
- You will work closely with Design, Engineering, Operations and other partners in scoping different solutions, writing user-stories and preparing the organization for product launches for a product roadmap that you will define and own
- Your system designs will enable access controls that meet with Compliance/SOX requirements
- You will execute on and deliver quality systems that enable exceptional customer experiences users of all types (individuals, agencies, small and enterprise business)
- You will deliver tools that include high quality end to end reporting and data labeling capabilities so our engineers can build and refine Upwork models and reports
- You will tackle long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down many of the fundamental assumptions that went into the design of Upwork’s back office systems
- You will take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- You will have at least 2 years of experience in product management, engineering, or technology consulting
- You will have prior experience designing and/or building internal tools for Operations and Sales teams in any industry
- You will have prior experience working with User Research and Design teams to build high quality internal tools
- You will have had success in running complex and multi-faceted programs from conception to completion
- You will have had multiple successes leading cross-functional teams through quarterly planning exercises to define and prioritize a product roadmap
- You will have an obsession for generating great results with scarce resources
- You will have a default willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved to ensure deadlines are met and solutions are executed
- You must be able to work a schedule that has a four hour overlap with Pacific Standard Time business hours
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- You have experience in designing, implementing and testing technology-enabled Operations and Sales processes
- You have a proven track record of identifying solutions and implementing systems and tools that have materially improved customer experiences
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the proven ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders across a variety of functional areas.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.