TIP: Product Manager - Retention at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- Define and execute against a strategy and roadmap that focuses on driving client retention by improving key workflows, with a keen eye on driving positive impact for our customers and the business
- Partner with design and engineering to develop and execute against a data-backed roadmap while making trade-offs between features and speed to market
- Collaborate with analytics to define and analyze success metrics for product features to determine iteration and prioritization.
- Stakeholder management and communication
Must have requirements:
- Proven experience in developing a roadmap and strategy that is backed by a thorough understanding of the customer's needs and the available market solutions
- Experience with managing complex workflows with the product and engineering stack
- Analytical prowess: You possess a keen ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and identify key levers for optimization for retention
- Able to work 40 hours a week with an overlap of 4-5 hours during Pacific Standard Time business hours
Nice to have items:
- Deep compassion for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with designing user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels and acquisition channels
- Experience with shipping high quality user experiences, preferably at an internet ecommerce or marketplace company
- An entrepreneurial “do-what-it-takes” spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks
- A passion for our business because we’re not just another internet company. We empower people around the world to do excellent work and to hire great workers from wherever they are
- Have the ability to analyze and improve systems as well as individual features
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.