TIP: Product Manager - Trust & Safety Tools at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
- You will develop nuanced insights into what is needed for agents to serve and protect Upwork customers
- You will lead with a compelling vision that motivates and drives dedication across the organization
- You will work closely with the TnS PM, Design, Engineering, Operations, Analytics, and other partners in scoping different solutions, writing user-stories and preparing the organization for product launches for a product roadmap that you will define and own
- You will improve the overall efficiency and efficacy of TnS Operations by introducing tools that enable consistent and effective agent workflows, and offer a robust set of agent QA tools and reporting
- Your system designs will enable access controls that meet with Compliance/SOX requirements
- You will align with the Back Office Tools PM on roadmap priorities for any shared engineering resources
- You will take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- You will partner with the TnS PM to stay abreast of key Trust and Safety issues and industry developments in order to ensure that TnS tools stay ahead of the curve.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- You will have at least 2 years of experience in product management, engineering, or technology consulting
- You will have prior experience designing and/or building internal tools for Operations teams (Customer Support, Fraud & Risk,Trust and Safety, Technical Operations, or similar)in any industry
- You will have an obsession for generating great results with scarce resources
- You will have a default willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved to ensure deadlines are met and solutions are execute
- You must be able to work a schedule that has a four hour overlap with Pacific Standard Time business hours
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- You will have experience in designing, implementing and testing technology-enabled Operations processes
- You have excellent communication skills, with the proven ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders across a variety of functional areas.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments where you manage priorities across multiple simultaneous projects
- You have experience working closely with software engineers or architects, designing architectures that balance flexibility and efficiency of delivery.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.