Aviation Regulatory Compliance Manager at Zipline
Do have the exceptional ability to create order, develop and implement processes, and unify teams within an aviation regulatory framework ? Are you excited about working closely with our regulatory partners to achieve the goal of safely bridging the gap between existing aviation regulations and technological innovation?
We are looking for an Aviation Regulatory Compliance Manager to support our Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification objectives. You’ll have the opportunity to lead regulatory approval processes for cutting edge technology in new markets throughout the US with an impact on our operations across the globe.
You will collaborate with many cross functional teams, listening and drawing from their expertise, experiences and needs. The responsibilities on day one are big, and your success will help unlock an uncommon opportunity to play a central role in architecting and executing the regulatory strategy that opens skyways for millions of Americans to reliable, on-demand access essential medical supplies.
It is important you have the right balance of 1) enthusiasm for program management execution needed to deliver your program on time and 2) regulatory acumen to make sure the program is delivering the right thing.What You'll Do
- Support the day to day of Zipline’s various certification programs.
- Work with the regulatory and policy team to define the best plan to execute timely and successful certification.
- Support organizational regulatory approval efforts by coordinating activities of the team, monitoring progress and removing obstacles along the way.
- Maintain regulatory files/database in good order, along with the system for tracking communication with regulators.
- Interface with other functional departments to influence efficient execution of projects; provide regulatory support on project teams.
- You’ll have experience in Part 21, 43, 91, 121, 135 or 145 operations, quality control, compliance, safety or a combination thereof.
- You have experience with unmanned aviation programs.
- You’ll have experience reviewing processes and documentation to ensure that the systems they depict will be compliant with applicable regulations.
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders.
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and regulatory environments.
- You have either had a program management role with deep ownership of the outcome of projects or a similar role as a program manager, or systems engineer.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.