Business Development Manager, Liquid at TripActions
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions Liquid integrates seamlessly with TripActions to make business travel - from booking to managing spend - a breeze. It’s the first modern end-to-end travel and payments platform built with both the traveler and finance team in mind.
We are looking for an experienced business development leader to establish critical relationships that help scale TripActions Liquid footprint in the market. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the sourcing, engaging, structuring, negotiating, implementing, and launching relationships to drive step-function growth while bringing the TripActions vision to life.
- Understanding the TripActions vision and priorities, develop a strategy and plan to establish partnerships to create material growth for TripActions.
- Conducting competitive market analysis & developing a coherent strategy in our areas of focus
- Drive cross-functional scoping, alignment, deal structuring, implementation, and management to ensure the success of key partnerships. Coordinate closely and align prioritization & resources amongst product, sales, marketing, and operations.
- Establish performance metrics and goals for each partner relationship.
- Update and maintain proper reporting and partner management. Perform regular partner reviews of established goals.
- Be accountable for the execution of key product partnerships, as well as sourced & influenced revenue, partner success KPIs, and strategic business objectives.
- Provide regular performance readouts to the business, communicating opportunities and escalating risks when appropriate.
- 5+ years in strategic business development, structuring, closing, and launching product and revenue-driving relationships, including internal readiness, partner negotiation, launch, enablement, marketing, operations, and cross-functional management
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving revenue & business KPIs in a high-growth environment
- Highly collaborative strategic partnership skills with a knack for driving cross-functional initiatives
- Tremendous empathy and understanding of internal & external partners and how best to influence and work with them
- Strong customer focus - ability to effectively and quickly build relationships while establishing trust and respect
- Financial & legal acumen, negotiation, & business management skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, including ability to scale presentations to various audiences (executive level, marketing, sales, and technical audiences, etc)
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, complex environment