Capital Markets Lead
Faire is revolutionizing wholesale and helping local retailers and their suppliers thrive in a technology-enabled era. Capital is necessary in every business, but at Faire it serves as a core value proposition to our customers. Through the use of proprietary data and sophisticated underwriting techniques, Faire sustainably offers net 60 payment terms and free returns to retailers while guaranteeing payouts to brands -- innovation that is leveling the playing field for small business owners.
As an early member of the Finance Team, you will play a founding role in building out a world-class capital markets function that will fuel growth at Faire for years to come. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and on a financial product that is unique, scalable and life-changing for our customers.
As a Capital Markets Lead, you’ll be responsible for and assisting on projects such as strategizing, negotiating and structuring new credit facilities as well as managing our balance sheet, leading investor diligence, and supporting various capital related business initiatives. Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders are a must.
As a Capital Markets Lead you will:
- Collaborate on a dynamic strategic capital raising roadmap that balances the ability to pursue growth opportunistically while minimizing downside risk and future dilution
- Develop a deep understanding of all parts of Faire’s business model by building and maintaining financial analyses and forecasts
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective capital partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally with risk, data science, accounting and operations to improve and streamline processes related to raising and deploying capital
- Design new systems and work with our product teams to automate financing processes that improve the efficiency and accuracy of our reporting.
- Manage all compliance and reporting requirements associated with credit facilities
- Design and execute effective cash management strategies
- A Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of experience in investment banking, private equity and/or capital markets/treasury at a working capital intensive technology business
- Deep understanding of leverage finance and knowledge of various debt funding strategies
- Prior experience raising or investing in complex credit products
- Strong financial modeling and presentation capabilities
Nice to have
- Experience working with or for a marketplace business that manages risk
- Knowledge of SQL
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 65,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner and Lightspeed; and we were named one of the top 20 YC companies by valuation last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.
To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.