Design Program Manager at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As Design Program Manager, you'll grow our business by establishing processes that allow the team to thrive, deliver value and delight our customers. You'll report to the head of Design Operations.
Design Ops serves as Mission Control for the Product Design team, enabling designers to design and leaders to lead. Your role as Design Program Manager makes this a reality. In this role, you will:
- Drive the quarterly functional OKR process, track and report on progress, and track cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Develop metrics to regularly assess the health and effectiveness / efficiency of the team and our tools and processes.
- Own and update process-related documentation and ensure team members and leaders can quickly and easily find what they need.
- Conduct an audit of current design team tools, and develop processes for tracking usage and automating access for new hires.
- Build relationships with PD team members and leaders, listening to and understanding the needs of a rapidly growing team that has to scale everything fast; build feedback mechanisms that enable Design Ops to be proactive in supporting the team, anticipating needs as well as addressing new ones quickly and effectively.
- Build partnerships with Product Ops, Engineering Ops, IT, People Ops, and other stakeholders and organizations.
- Collaborate closely with your manager and teammates to grow the Design Ops function; constantly look for ways to improve our processes (and product) and make others successful.
You will bring program management experience within a product design or UX team at a tech company:
- 3+ years of program management experience — preferably in design / UX
- Understanding of and passion for design thinking and design-related processes
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., UX research, content design, design strategy, etc.)
- Proven track record of success in developing new processes and metrics in a startup environment
- Understanding of tools used in product design and pillar team work (e.g., Figma, Jira, etc.)
- Outstanding oral and written English communication skills; understanding of digital body language and best practices
- Proven success working with globally distributed teams in a remote-first environment
- Passion for detail, documentation, process, and getting your ducks in a row — balanced by empathy, adaptability, and a sense of humor
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.