From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Are you empathetic toward your community of technical customers, able to listen to their challenges and feature wishlists, advocate for their needs, and help craft solutions? Are you passionate about growing your knowledge everyday about the technologies that your customers use (open source and paid tools, platforms, etc.) to build (or hack) solutions for their needs? Are you a storyteller and social person who loves to build these solutions with customers and partners, and to narrate the value of the solution to other customers through blogs, talks, and community gatherings?
If so, we are looking for a Developer Advocate to help lead the growing community of Fivetran customers and partners, hear their needs, and innovate with them.
As a Developer Advocate, you will engage with Fivetran's technical users and partners. You will listen to their needs and help translate their existing use cases to the modern data stack. In doing so, you will tell the story of how Fivetran fits with our partners, open source tools, and other products to replace traditional ETL tools. You will help our customers realize their data transformations needs, learn about their current solutions, and help build deeper solutions with knowledge of a range of tools and approaches. This may include building your own open source projects.
When sharing those solutions through blog posts, conference talks, workshops, etc, your solutions will be the technical cornerstone of your stories. Ultimately, you want to help existing and future customers, and your solutions and ways to engage with customers and partners will exhibit that care with passion, creativity, and a sense of humor.
This position will report to the Manager of Partner and Developer Relations in Oakland, CA.
As a Developer Advocate at Fivetran you will:
- Get up to speed on (or already know) Fivetran's products, partner technologies, and existing customers and use cases.
- Learn about the Fivetran community, their challenges, needs, and the tools they use today to transform their data.
- Use the products extensively and help improve any areas of documentation, getting started guides, and demos that need help.
- Learn about and become familiar with relevant open source and commercial products that current customers and partners use to transform Fivetran data.
- Lead trainings, user groups, and discussions for Fivetran community members and for its sister technology communities.
- Create and publish the content (blogs, talks, etc) with customers and partners on solutions.
- Build and grow a social presence for Fivetran and your personal brand.
- Assist with questions on Slack, StackOverflow, and other Fivetran help channels, and convert the answers into product feedback and publishable content.
- Identify community champions, advocate for their needs, help them spread the word, and recognize their support.
What you'll bring to table:
- Practical experience as a software engineer, Developer Advocate, or Solutions Architect with coding experience.
- Ability to share examples of past talks videos and blog posts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share knowledge with the team and community.
- A team and community player: communicating with and investing in the team and the community for long-term healthy relationships.
- Thought leadership in a technical community preferred.
- We welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds, for example fluency in multiple languages and cultural practices.
Perks of Working with us!
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.