Director of Developer Relations/Community
CircleCI is looking for a Director of Developer Relations/Community to lead both execution and strategy in building a program to engage, educate, and excite our user base. This is a big opportunity for someone with a technical background. This person should thrive on building scalable communities and leading developer relations programs around the world. The right person for this role will have experience building and measuring community and developer advocacy programs, and will be looking for an opportunity to scale this team at CircleCI.
The ideal candidate has a player-coach mentality and will create programs and strategy and execute alongside our existing developer advocates. There is deep executive buy-in for this program across every department at CircleCI. The right candidate will create and execute a winning strategy, and then focus on scaling our global program and team. We believe our DevRel team should grow, but we need the right person to demonstrate the impact of growth, and build a sustainable, successful team.Responsibilities
- Own the vision and strategy for taking our Developer Community and promotion of our platform to the next level
- Develop a full-scale, outbound community program focused around the broad goals of engagement, education, and excitement for the CircleCI brand.
- Manage our global team of developer advocates, with a focus on creating scalable programs, and skills development.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Customer Engineering, Business Development, Brand Marketing teams, as well as Events to ensure coordinated participation and a consistent narrative
- Increase the number of developers that regularly interact with CircleCI by providing an active community.
- Define the ways in which community members can provide feedback and input to CircleCI
- Own community interaction and engagement on Discuss, Twitter, StackOverflow, Medium, HackerNews, and beyond.
- Expand the number of active and influential open source projects using CircleCI
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to launch new services, features and enhancements effectively through the community
- Create and manage an ambassador program, with the goal of creating a self-sustaining, global network of influencers
- Interpersonal skills: effectively communicating, building rapport, and relating to others at all levels
- You are a technology enthusiast at heart. Love all things related to engineering and adopting new and exciting technologies.
- You have 6+ years of experience leading developer relations teams or community advocacy programs
- Background in SaaS, real-time communications, or enterprise preferred
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including DevOPs, CI/CD, Security, APIs, cloud solutions, and programming languages
- You are obsessed with making developers happy.
- You are very familiar with the open-source community
- You are analytical and data-driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- Bonus points for having an existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.