Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a decentralized, remote-first company, Coinbase is able to benefit from talent pools all over the world and India has long been known as a hub for engineering and technology innovation. By establishing some IT and ITeS services, including engineering, software development and customer support operations in India, the Coinbase group will be able to tap into this pool of engineering and technology talent.
We’re looking for a Director to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. You will be responsible for managing a team of TPMs (Technical Program Managers) who will oversee the execution and success of multiple programs that are critical to Coinbase’s product strategy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help define the team charter as we build the program management function at Coinbase
- Hire, mentor and develop TPMs to have a positive impact on the organization and help them chart a fulfilling career path
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and fulfill opportunities in which TPM can drive product excellence, scale and efficiency throughout Coinbase
- Ensure your team is allocated to the most strategic business needs at the company by understanding the Company’s Product and Engineering strategy
- Introduce best practices in tooling, automation, and process improvements.
- Individually oversee critical and sensitive programs that are highly technical & cross functional when needed
- Coach your team to define program plans, success criteria, and then execute against the objectives
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Monitor your team’s program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point and risk mitigator for your team by resolving blockers.
- Build and maintain relationships with critical stakeholders in a remote environment (ie Data Science, Product, Compliance, Marketing, Customer Experience, Engineering etc)
- You lead by example and can coach others to facilitate challenging discussions, present to stakeholders of all levels and craft written communication
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years of managerial experience overseeing relevant engineering and / or technical program management teams at a technology company
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously and resolve conflicts by navigating across the organization
Nice to haves:
- Certifications in Program Management or Project Management.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Experience with Payments, Financial Services, Regulatory or Compliance initiatives
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Tableau, SQL
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.