EMEA Trade Compliance Program Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As EMEA Trade Compliance Program Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing Wish’s Trade Compliance efforts across the EMEA region, with a priority focus on the EU.
The EMEA Trade Compliance Program Manager will manage day-to-day compliance challenges and contribute to long term regional strategy targeted at enhancing Wish’s Logistics operations and customer experience. The EMEA Program Manager will also be responsible for tracking emerging regulatory developments and trends across the region and working cross-functionally to develop strategic responses to ensure effective compliance.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage Wish’s EMEA Trade Compliance program and day-to-day operations, reporting to Global Trade Compliance Senior Management;
- Establish and execute EU regional and country-specific operations, implement and enhance regional trade compliance organizational policies and procedures;
- Review / audit program performance annually, recommending operational efficiencies where valuable;
- Serve as escalation point for resolution of a wide variety of trade compliance issues across Wish business functions and logistics channels;
- Research, monitor, and provide summary of emerging Tax and Customs regulatory changes across the region; assist in the development of strategic cross-functional response;
- Monitor and serve as primary escalation point for inquiries from EU Customs authorities and/or Wish partners/merchants;
- Assist with new market entry efforts;
- Participate in the selection and management of third-party service providers, including customs brokers, freight forwarders, other vendors, etc.
- Project management of commercial issues related to trade compliance, including carrier compliance with country policies for product transit and delivery;
- Define systems and process improvements across the business and develop a system to track and manage key data for trade compliance inputs.
- Work effectively across time zones
- 5+ years trade compliance experience (legal, consulting, or in-house compliance department);
- Technical experience with EU customs and tax regulations;
- Meaningful experience in multiple EU-countries, or cross-border intra-EU preferred;
- E-commerce industry experience preferred;
- Degree in supply chain, law, accounting, or business preferred;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across all levels and functions of an organization;
- Strong experience with project management and cross-functional presentation;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, execution and delivery of projects.
- Knowledge of purchasing processes (SOP's, RFP/RFQ/RFI's, PO's, Gap Analysis, etc.);
- Excellent negotiation, organization, analytical, and communication skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver high quality results;
- Key technical areas of focus include: import/export filing and registration requirements; product liability and labeling requirements; Customs/Tax reporting requirements; PGA qualification/applicability; HS classification; country of origin, product valuation; special trade programs; VAT tax considerations; INCOTERMS; recordkeeping requirements; e-commerce specific regulation, among others.
- Ability to drive change with a long term perspective across multiple functions and transform the business
- English fluency required;
- Team player, fast learner, self-motivated, result-oriented
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.