Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Are you a detail oriented, results-driven self-starter? Do you like being hands-on with small mechanical and electronic flight systems? Do you want individual responsibility while contributing directly to the success of your team? Are you driven by a relentless need for process and product improvement? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
Wing is looking for Fleet Sustainment Program Managers to join our Manufacturing & Fleet Sustainment team. The ideal candidate has a passion for managing and supporting unmanned aircraft system (UAS) fleets in the commercial delivery, flight test and training spaces as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team. Execution against challenging timelines with laser focus on the most critical needs is paramount.
What You’ll Do:
- Directly manage UAS forward and reverse logistics operations as part of Wing’s manufacturing and fleet sustainment team
- Responsible for the overall readiness of a regional UAS operating fleet with a focus on consistent availability for commercial delivery, training operations or special demonstrations.
- Oversee distribution and repair center operations to strategically align with Wing’s UAS fleet needs in a region
- Monitor, coordinate, and oversee the inspection, repair, rework or modification requirements for small unmanned aircraft and associated ground system components by leveraging maintenance and engineering resources where and when required.
- Track small unmanned aircraft and associated system component configurations, assignments & distributions in either the commercial, training or flight test environments.
- Create, refine and communicate demand planning requirements and inventory levels for spare aircraft, spare parts, tools, support equipment and consumable materials.
- Coordinate reverse logistical requirements to recover, repurpose and/or refurbish end-of-life system components.
- Initiate and track in/outbound resource, supply and equipment requirements.
- May manage a team of field engineers and technicians
- Work independently yet coordinate all activities closely with local flight operations, flight test and/or customer support teams and personnel, as well as central maintenance management personnel.
What You'll Need:
- Background (6+ yrs) in technical operations, sustainment and/or maintenance management.
- Effective technical project management skills such as asset management, hardware & software support coordination, project planning, status reporting, issue tracking, stakeholder and priorities alignment, process documentation and improvement, task scoping & estimation and superb communication skills (with both technical and non-technical peers).
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in an operations or technical discipline.
- Perspective as a collaborative team player who maintains robust communications tracks and an ability to adapt to different working styles, changing priorities and unforeseen challenges in a positive and productive way.
- Systematic and organized approach in problem solving and data analysis, familiarity with data dashboard utilization and presentations.
- Detail and process oriented mindset and experience dealing with ambiguity.
- Willingness to travel domestically.
- Google G Suite experience.
- Experience organizing and tracking assets, tools, support equipment, and maintenance records
- Background (10+ yrs) in technical operations, sustainment and/or maintenance management; commercial or government aerospace experience preferred.
- Experience working with and supporting unmanned aircraft systems.
- Knowledge of commercial aviation regulations, especially as they relate to unmanned aircraft system operations.
- Comfortable working on extremely fast paced mid-stage startup projects in an environment of ambiguity and frequent change.