Zipline’s instant delivery solution has directly saved thousands of lives and millions of dollars for health systems in markets where we operate. We are seeking a talented research and impact evaluation leader with strong project management skills and an understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. The Impact Evaluation Lead will be responsible for strategic design and implementation of Zipline's vision for impact measurement and evaluation, with the goal of elevating our collection, analysis, and communication of data insights to deliver additional value to our customers and the global health ecosystem. This person will work with internal and external stakeholders to design and manage research initiatives that seek to evaluate the impact of Zipline’s service.What You'll Do
- Create the standards and principals for how Zipline measures the impact of our services on health systems, supply chain, and populations.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to determine what impact questions we will prioritize answering over the next three years and create a plan for how and when we will answer these questions.
- Build the roadmap for what Zipline needs to invest in to answer our impact questions, including what investments in data and tooling we should make in order to execute against the roadmap.
- Build a strategy for how Zipline should work with external, third party validators such as academics and consulting agencies. Manage these relationships, provide feedback to guide the direction of their work, and build strong partnerships.
- Design and project manage research projects that evaluate Zipline’s impact on various health indicators, supply chain, and/or cost efficiencies by working closely with our internal data team and external research teams to ensure high-quality and timely insights.
- Partner with internal teams to come up with solutions on how we will resolve any data gaps and project manage efforts to fill these gaps.
- Produce reports documenting insights produced to be shared internally within Zipline to drive continuous improvement of programs.
- Work with Go-to-Market and Communications teams to establish a comprehensive plan for sharing, interpreting, and utilizing data to strategically drive thought leadership and communicate Zipline’s value proposition to target audiences.
- Work with the Data team to define, monitor, and analyze impact metrics in partnership with Health Services Integration and Customer Experience teams, and direct development of dashboards.
- Communicate with partners and donors who seek to understand Zipline’s measurement and evaluation strategy and results.
- Ideally 5+ years of work experience in a research, measurement, and evaluation role, preferably in a public health context
- Experience leading development of data strategies, systems, and dissemination of learnings internally and externally
- Strong grasp of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, study design, and statistics
- Willingness and ability to carry out research and analysis when necessary
- Advanced project management and communication skills
- Ability to translate strategy into practice and assess its impacts
- Strong collaborative skills and cultural competency
- Proactive, self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree required, PhD a plus
Location: Must be able to travel to South San Francisco (Headquarters) to work with stakeholders with some frequency (1-2 times quarterly max) and overlap working hours with both GMT and PST time zones. Must also be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.