Innovation Policy Manager at DoorDash
DoorDash is hiring an experienced policy professional to help achieve our regulatory and public policy objectives in robotics and automation. Based in our headquarters in San Francisco, you will work within our Public Policy team with a high level of collaboration and coordination with colleagues at DoorDash Labs and teams throughout the company. DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash that explores various types of robotics and automation to enhance last-mile logistics.
You will be responsible for developing and executing our regulatory strategy on robotics and automation at the federal, state and local levels. You’ll work directly with elected officials, government agencies, academics, trade associations, and nonprofits, in order to promote solutions to crowded streets, vehicle emissions, and curb-space utilization.
You’ll have wide-ranging responsibilities around the country (and the world), with the opportunity to execute an ambitious agenda and make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
What You'll Do
- Craft innovative regulatory classifications and frameworks for federal, state, and local implementation
- Develop and execute DoorDash’s policy advocacy strategies with key government and community stakeholders, ensuring the company has a viable and sustainable path to deploy robotics and automated delivery
- Maintain relationships with federal and state regulators and ensure DoorDash has an active voice in relevant proposed regulatory changes
- Manage outside consultants and local lobbyists to ensure coordination and execution of strategic objectives.
- Build a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local regulators, law enforcement, community and advocacy organizations nationally and in target markets
- Represent DoorDash before legislators, industry trade associations, conferences, and policy leadership organizations to drive industry conversation behind our policy priorities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical and operations to develop protocols for testing, including releasing a Voluntary Safety Self-Assessment and necessary internal procedures and processes to ensure safety culture.
- Conduct regulatory landscape assessments for new automated and robotic delivery technologies and guide company leadership in evaluating new concepts.
- A master strategist, with a proven track record of developing and executing government affairs strategies, ideally in the transportation or technology sector
- Deep experience in autonomous vehicles and/or robotics
- Experience with project management of complex regulatory issues
- Exceptional communicator who is effective at advocacy, negotiation, and concisely presenting complex ideas to internal business and external policy stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated and confident operating independently but also a good teammate
- Graduate degree
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.