Logistics Associate, Caviar for Companies at DoorDash
About The Team
Caviar for Companies (CFC) is changing the way businesses and employees order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Every day our Catering Captains pick up supplies from our Inventory Hubs, then pick up food from restaurant partners and deliver catered meals to thousands of diners at some of the world’s hottest startups and well known brands. Our Logistics and Live-Ops teams sits at the center of our entire Operations organization and is the command center of live operations in the field.
About The Role:
The Logistics Associate role with Caviar for Companies is a temporary full time role.
As a Logistics associate, you will assess and logistically optimize the job orders each week for hundreds of meals - all with varying complexity and nuances. Then you’ll organize our Catering Captains around the nation to match those jobs to ensure we serve every meal hot and on-time, every time. Your actions and decisions will directly affect the success of our business.
Everything from labor cost optimization to Captain experience in the field to Client experience at meal time is affected by the Logistics team. We depend on you to connect the right Captain with the right Client with the right schedule. Often, orders change last minute or Captain availabilities shift, but getting the details perfect and adapting in real time is how we keep our clients happy.
To do that, we need you to be willing to go the extra mile, to have an almost obsessive approach to getting the details right, and be an excellent communicator.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
As a Logistics Associate you will be:
- Organizing orders:
- Organize and consolidate meal orders into stacked jobs to facilitate improved transit times, customer service, and extend Captain shift lengths
- Use knowledge of Google Maps to research and determine the most cost efficient and economical routes/times for meal orders
- Scheduling Captains
- Schedule Captains to Clients according to customer requests, Captain availabilities, and special requests using our internal tools
- Work with the Support Team & Hub Managers to incorporate Client feedback and Captain performance into your scheduling for the week ahead
- Audit daily merging and scheduling tasks in our assignment tool to ensure no ad hoc requests have been missed
- Prioritize weekly activities based on changes that occur during the week
- Strategically think about how to proactive ways to optimize our logistical process
We’re excited about you because
- You like creating order out of chaos - you enjoy solving puzzles, and love the feeling of making things streamlined, structured and putting things in their rightful place
- You are highly detail oriented - You have an extremely high attention to detail, ultimate respect for process, and excellent follow through
- You prioritize & work well under pressure - deadlines don’t phase you, they focus you
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work - once you know what you need to do, you like to put your head down and crank
- You can (and like to!) multi-task - you enjoy juggling a lot of interconnected moving pieces at once (like Tetris)
- You’re clutch - you have a strong work ethic, are extremely reliable and punctual. Your team never has to wonder if “it’s been handled”
- You ask why - you’re a critical thinker who seeks to understand, not just follow the instructions
- You talk a good game - you have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You play well with others - you’re collaborative in your problem solving - always looking to help/improve the team, not just yourself
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with the aptitude to learn new software quickly
- 1-3 years experience in an operational role, ideally at a startup
- Bonus: is familiar with the city layout of one or more of San Jose, the Peninsula, New York or Los Angeles
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.