Manager, Localization Project Management at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As Wish’s popularity continues to rise, we are looking to break down language and culture barriers to connect with our users around the globe. We are currently seeking a full-time Manager for our Localization Project Management team to help us achieve this goal.
In this role you will be expected to identify and prioritize opportunities to help enable a truly localized experience for our customers and merchants across 40+ languages. You will report to the Head of Localization and work closely alongside stakeholders across the company with a focus on scaling our localization project management setup.
Our team is small and nimble. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven innovators to thrive. The ideal candidate must be experienced in leading a team, highly organized, an expert in working cross-functionally, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and possess exceptional communication skills.
What you'll be doing
- Build our growing Localization Project Management team, hire new Localization Project Managers for the team, and help them become high performers by setting priorities and unblocking issues as they arise
- Establish growth as well as career frameworks and mentor the team members to be impactful contributors to the company’s international strategy
- Identify key strategic goals and KPIs that define the success of our localization project management program
- Set prioritization and escalation strategies for your team to support scaling our localization efforts
- Find opportunities to innovate localization processes and mitigate inefficiencies to help grow our international merchant, store, and user base
- Establish close relationships with cross-functional teams to create alignment and identify localization needs, requirements, and blockers
- Evangelize, educate, and advice stakeholders across the company on localization best practices, requirements, and methodologies
- Ensure proper communication flow between Localization teams and proactive communication with other stakeholders
- Drive localization projects from inception to delivery for multiple products and diverse content types
- Work closely with our vendors on optimizing our localization program by setting quality and delivery standards
- Partner with our internal team of Language Managers
- 5+ years of experience working as a localization project manager, localization program manager, or localization vendor manager
- 2+ years of experience managing and scaling a localization project management or localization program management team
- Strong analytical skills, a data-driven approach to problem solving, and an experimental mindset
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and at scale
- Solution-oriented, highly motivated, and can-do attitude
- Detail-oriented and independent working style
- Demonstrated working knowledge of industry standard localization tools
- Experience working with localization and language services vendors
- Experience working with internal and external linguists
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills and experience interacting with diverse personalities and cultures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in a non-English language
- Smartling experience
- Startup experience
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.