Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Planet Partner Engagement Manager is focused on enabling our partners to bring Planet value to customers across the end-to-end customer journey. This role is integral to the Channel team and is responsible for developing, refining and executing the approaches and initiatives required to onboard and help channel managers to prepare for major interactions with partners and internal stakeholders, Key activities include: developing a strategic approach to partner engagements, optimizing the partner onboarding processes, driving partner adoption of marketing assets and training to certification, and tracking partner progress to achieving strategic outcomes and revenue goals.
We are looking for a Manager who is a collaborator and strategic thinker with strong communication skills who can rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal candidate has a combination of customer/partner experience and thrives in a high growth, fast-paced environment, working across cross-functional teams and internal/external stakeholders.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Support partner engagement focus to create and operate compelling partner experiences to foster adoption, engagement, and realize defined business objectives
- Drive and execute partner onboarding, and ensure that the appropriate partners adopt the training and attain certification
- Develop content and training across the selling process and tools including lead management, deal registration, opportunity work, and accurate revenue tracking
- Shape, evolve and guide content development to prioritize most effective content and information for communication and education
- Refine the Partner journey maps and help ensure that new partners are engaged in activities
- Monitor, document and communicate partner training and certification adoption
- Enable the Channel team with the tools, content and training to engage effectively with partners
What You Bring:
- Minimum 5 years of of sales or partner engagement experience, including 2+ years of direct partner support, preferably with a software-as-a-service company
- Align engagement program initiatives with sales, sales strategy, and related revenue execution
- Assist in the operation, management and updating of of the partner portal
- Experience in developing and delivering partner training content
- Flexible and adaptive self-starter, who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
- Fluency in Salesforce, and in measuring and reporting on partner activities and progress
- Ability to escalate and actively participate in the problem resolution process
- Very process-driven with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience in building trusting relationships and influencing others (including executive audiences)
- Previous sales or partner management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in the enterprise software/ SaaS industry a plus
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000 - $143,000 This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-AP1#LI-REMOTE