As a Program Manager, you will work at the intersection of cutting-edge engineering, cost-effective supply chain, manufacturing, quality, complex healthcare systems, and highly regulated airspaces. We are looking for a versatile technical leader, strong in both strategy and execution with proven success delivering cross-functional, hardware programs efficiently and on-time. At Zipline, Program Management is not only the glue that will hold cross-functional teams together but also as an empowered decision-making function, driving us forward to achieve our ambitious mission of providing every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies.What You'll Do
You will serve as the hands on program manager for our biggest, most cross-disciplinary initiatives such as development, production, and operational launch of our latest generation aircraft. Here are some examples of challenges you’ll tackle:
- Set and communicate program objectives and priorities.
- Interact, integrate, and drive results across cross-functional teams in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, sales, operations, etc.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate the appropriate Program Plan ranging from when we will achieve a high level objective to specific release dates for development builds.
- Ensure critical cross-team efforts are well owned (including owning some yourself) such as achieving a package delivery accuracy goal, resolving a critical safety issue, or ensuring compliance with a cross-cutting regulatory requirement.
- Lead cross-functional Program and Manufacturing readiness reviews.
- Ensure Product Development Processes are followed generally, but also be the cross-disciplinary decision maker when exceptions should be made.
- Continuously perform relevant risk and opportunity analyses to stay ahead of the game and address problems before they impact the program.
- Decide if a hardware change will be retrofitted into existing deployed hardware and coordinate the retrofit with minimal customer impact across our worldwide operations.
- Provide clear updates at both working and executive level.
- Create and refine processes and templates for not just your Program but across Programs, including things like change control, product development process, scheduling, risk tracking, etc.
- You have shipped complex electromechanical systems in fast paced, high reliability, and high production volume environments as responsible Program Manager.
- You have the engineering background and experience to effectively lead technical programs.
- You thrive at driving accountability across teams to achieve impressive program results.
- You have succeeded in a program management role with deep ownership of the outcome of projects.
- You have worked in fast-paced, high-growth environments like startups.
- You have an entrepreneurial disposition; you are able to creatively solve hard problems, get up to speed quickly, and bring a curious, can-do zest to all the challenges you face.
- 3+ years experience in program management of complex hardware and software systems.
- Bachelor’s or additional degrees in engineering or computer science.
- Multidisciplinary technical background – be comfortable in EE, ME and SW domains.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with communication tools and program management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
This position will be based out of our Headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.