Program Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm is committed to delivering products and services to its merchants in the most efficient and effective way possible to support long-term growth and ongoing revenue generation!
As Merchant Program Manager, you will use strategic business analysis, market insights, and other data to develop scaled programs supporting growth and retention across Affirm’s 8000+ merchants. The program will support several highly visible workstreams including voice of the merchant programs and competitive programs. The individual will collaborate with and influence many teams across Affirm including Product, Strategy, Client Insights, Client Success, Marketing and Business Process and Operations in their quest to build programming for merchants.
The person will drive executional excellence managing a portfolio of programs and driving prioritization and providing visibility/reporting of programs to a wide range of partners. This person must understand how to apply project management best practices to optimize planning and implementation of strategic projects.
This role requires a problem-solver who is an effective influencer who also has a high degree of business insight and acumen. You will need to deeply understand Affirm’s business, merchants, product, client success team and rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal candidate has a combination of planning, operations, and technology or product experience, is able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment, is nimble and can work autonomously.What you’ll do
- Voice of the Merchant Programs
- Execute impactful programs to bring the voice of the merchant to affirm partners - these include merchant product feedback and launching a merchant satisfaction survey program
- Influence partners to build products and programs to improve the merchant experience, mitigate churn and drive growth for affirm merchants.
- Host insights sharing forums to build an understanding of merchant needs with XFN partners.
- Merchant Programs & Processes
- Build centralized competitive information and resources for CSMs working with Revenue enablement
- Identify and assess operational weaknesses and help improve/innovate on new processes to drive efficiencies
- 6+ years of work experience in management consulting, product management/product marketing, client insights/research, client success or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar).
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively (PMP certification is a plus).
- Experience in applying operational processes efficiency frameworks such as Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other operational efficiency tools.
- Ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners.
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey sophisticated ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Experience in building positive relationships and influencing others
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines..
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.