Project Manager, Cloud Infrastructure Operations: (Any US location)
What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
Cloud Operations team members ensure RingCentral maintains its most important ability—availability. Customers demand seamless performance 24/7, and you’ll lead the way with innovative solutions that keep users securely connected when and wherever they work.
RingCentral's Infrastructure Operations team is building its project management team to support the significant growth of our organization and is looking for rock-solid, world-class Project Manager who is ready to tackle the challenges of building the technology solutions that will enable our business for years to come.
The Project Manager will lead multiple projects from inception through completion, while adhering to project scope, schedule, quality and budget. The Project Manager must possess strong communication skills and must be savvy working with both technology and business partners across the organization in a collaborative way. The PM will prepare project team and steering committee materials related to their assigned projects and ensure project work complies with established practices, policies, and processes. Project issues and risks must be identified, and tracked, and plans to resolve these issues must be developed and solutions executed. PM must be comfortable with ambiguity and have a strong ability to bring order and discipline to projects that engage many stakeholders and delivery partners.
This Role will focus on projects related to Cloud Operations Infrastructure including Data Center, Server/Storage, Network, Telco etc.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK U.S. PST HOURS.
- Develops and actively manages project plans. Manages resources, project schedule and budget to meet deliverables. Maintains all reporting requirements as needed.
- Actively manages the execution of the project, including assigning tasks to project staff, managing project scope and project finances, and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Integrates the work of large teams and multiple vendors to deliver project success. Track shipping/delivery of Data Center hardware and report out on gaps as per the project timeline.
- Oversees all phases of the project, coordinating with business sponsors, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT throughout.
- Ensures all deliverables and commitments are met and the project is in compliance with relevant standards and methodologies. Also contributes to the enhancement and evolution of these standards.
- Proactively leads and executes project risk management and mitigation. Orchestrates activities across all internal and external constituents and works comfortably with RingCentral leadership to escalate and manage delivery challenges.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
MUST have experience in Infrastructure including Data Center, Server/Storage, Network, Telco etc. Prior experience in Unified Communications will be a PLUS.
- Possesses seasoned expertise in project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Possesses in-depth understanding of the SDLC and how to apply it to relevant projects.
- Seen as an expert resource in the organization on project management. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure.
- Possesses familiarity with many technologies, with particular focus on their capabilities and limitations.
- Flexible, calm under pressure, highly communicative, and comfortable taking ownership in ambiguous situations.
- Track record of successful integration across multiple and complex technologies and systems.
- Ideal candidates will possess 8+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience, or an MS and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- PMP certification preferred, but prior success on the job is most critical.
Benefits and Amenities:
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
401K match and ESPP
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.