At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re growing incredibly fast — this is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.
What you’ll do
As the Project Manager, Finance, you will drive the transformation of our quote-to-cash systems and processes for Segment. This includes driving the end-to-end roadmap, establishing implementation timelines, managing implementation partners (including internal and external stakeholders) and holding them accountable for deliverables, ensuring proper testing and deployment practices are followed.
- Manage cross functional quote-to-cash project with a specific focus on the impact to resources, processes and systems
- Own project status and drive completion in accordance with deadlines
- Communicate with teams at all levels of the organization
- Gather business requirements and assist with translating requirements into future state design options
- Document overall system and process design to illustrate end-to-end workflow
- Develop transition plans including but not limited to user accepting testing plans and facilitate various testing cycles
- Coordinate all roll-out and change management activities
- Develop program-level communications to all stakeholder levels
- Prepare ad-hoc presentations for the business as needed
You’re a great fit if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ of experience
- You have 8-10 years of experience working as a Project Manager; preferably with specific experience in Quote-to-cash transformation projects
- Basic understanding of Accounting and Finance business processes and are familiar with implementation of internal controls
- Worked in both private and public company environments
- Experience acting as the key liaison between business and technical stakeholders
- Experience in full life-cycle project development including requirements, design, development, testing and roll-out
- The ability to set agendas and facilitate meetings, while focusing in on critical path discussion topics and necessary decisions
- The ability to work with teams to uncover, define and document business processes and align them to system processes
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and able to deal well with ambiguity
- A team player mentality with a humble and positive attitude
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.