Project Manager, Logistics Operations at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is redefining the way customers buy online, and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to open up online shopping to people across the globe who were previously left out of the e-commerce experience. To enable this differentiated experience, Wish is investing heavily to create a cost effective and fast global delivery network.
The Wish Logistics team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help streamline and improve logistics operational processes for Wish’s global logistics operations and advanced logistics programs. You’ll identify bottlenecks and find new opportunities to maximize the value for our cross-border delivery operations.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute strategic insights on operational design and improvements. Assist in driving continuous improvements to our advanced logistics program and delivery operations
- Monitor, improve, and take ownership of region level KPIs and act as the SME of logistics channel and trade-lanes
- Develop and enforce KPIs to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. This will be done through the use of both systematic processes and manually developed solutions
- Collaborate with data science team to derive insights and drive decision making; understand and surface the trade offs of each decision and initiative
- Manage and procure a versatile and committed group of carriers that serve as a competitive advantage to deliver high performance at low costs
- Innovate Wish’s cross-border logistics to drive down carrier spend while improve customer experience
- Identify areas for improvement and drive enhancements within Wish’s international trade lanes
- Work cross-functionally to drive program initiatives and being able to influence decision-making within the organization
- Strategically plan to enable our team to proactively respond to the dynamics of our network, customers, and operations
- 4+ years in logistics, carrier management, or supply chain / operations at leading companies or 3+ years in consulting firms
- BS in Engineering or Supply Chain Management (Master's degree preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done
- A strong leader with an ability to ideate and innovate
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Extremely organized, meticulous, detailed oriented
- Able to manage various competing initiatives, prioritize accordingly, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Understanding of e-commerce and cross-border shipping requirements (INCOTERMS, duty requirements, customs clearance etc)
- Understanding of PMP/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen methodologies
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.