Public Policy Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy at Unity
Public Policy Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy
Unity is shaping the future through empowerment of creators across a broad range of industries, in markets around the world. We are building a world-class government affairs and public policy team focused on educating policymakers and stakeholders about our vision and perspectives on relevant issues, advocating for policies that support our customers and our business, and advancing our commitment to social impact. This is a rare opportunity to join a new and growing policy team that is committed to a technology policy environment that fosters responsible innovation.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyzing the impact of proposed policy initiatives in the U.S., EU, and Asia-Pacific on Unity and our customers, determining potential proactive and reactive strategies, and recommending options for executives.
- Developing Unity’s positions on policy initiatives related to artificial intelligence, competition, privacy, safety, and security, in collaboration with Unity colleagues and external partners.
- Advocating for Unity’s perspectives with external audiences, ranging from policymakers to third-party organizations and industry peers.
- Supporting Unity’s Sales Ethics Advisory Council in its work to ensure adherence with Unity’s ethical principles for our professional services engagements.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in driving public policy work at large, globally-distributed technology companies, and external advocacy with policymakers and relevant stakeholders.
- Proven ability to identify policy issues stemming from technology deployments and analyze the potential impact of those issues through research.
- Consistent record in delivering concise and illuminating written work products that are accessible across executive, management, and peer level audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; masters or other professional degree preferred.
You might also have
- Expertise in developing and driving public policy strategies in technology companies or other environments.
- Experience in public policy or advocacy, particularly in technology policy issues like artificial intelligence, competition, privacy, safety, and security.
- Training or certification in relevant domains.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.