Release Manager at Domino Data Lab
Who We Are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Quality Engineering function at Domino supports developers in building software right the first time through test planning guidance, tooling and test automation. We evangelize best practices, define and implement processes which help Engineering overall ensure quality. We drive our enterprise-grade release qualification process, and steer toward CI/CD and continuous testing practices. The Release Manager role will be a most welcome addition to the QE org so we can keep improving.
What your impact will be
- Plan release cycles, coordinate release content, dependencies between engineering teams
- Communicate project plans, commitments, changes, roadblocks to stakeholders and management
- Measure, monitor and report on release timeliness and quality
- Coordinate release qualification process, including:
- People: enable cross functional collaboration of Eng teams, QE, PM and other stakeholders in release context, run standup meetings
- Reporting: publish status updates, release notes, build quality reports
- Technical: GitHub-based release management, gitflow, CircleCI, Jira
- Continually improve release process, helps us drive CI/CD
What We Look For in This Role
- Experience with Release management - release scope and target date tracking, managing cross-functional dependencies, coordination and communication around release
- Technical project / program management expertise - defining, implementing (in Jira or similar) and iterating on SDLC process
- Strong proficiency with Git - have made git branches, git tags, push releases through GitHub
- CI/CD experience - comfortable with configuring CI build pipelines (in CircleCI or similar)
- Coding experience not required, but a nice to have
- 5+ years of experience at enterprise deployment companies with very technical products
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply