About the role
Put members first - that’s the User Research team’s north star. Our small research team of five is looking for our first Research Operations (ResearchOps) Manager. This role will help assist in key areas of ResearchOps in the short-term and help develop a strategy for how we operate ResearchOps in the long-term. This includes and is not limited to: recruitment, governance, knowledge management, guideline/templatization, and internal communications. We’re looking for that important first hire to help us think about what makes sense now and what makes sense for the future.
In this role, you can expect to
- Establish, implement, and communicate a compelling ResearchOps process and organizational operation
- Efficiently drive Research programs, such as standardizing and automating our member recruitment frameworks, partnering with Product and Design to ensure team collaboration, and establishing processes for how we engage with and deliver work to stakeholders
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders to maintain clarity and consistency throughout projects
- Create project plans by gathering requirements and recommendations from researchers, identifying work-streams, establishing owners, and getting alignment on timelines
- Schedule, communicate and manage logistics and follow up for an outstanding participant experience
- Assist Research leadership in executing roadmaps and monitoring performance against goals
- Manage multiple research project needs at once
To thrive in this role, you have
- Will have 2-3+ years in Program Management, Operations Management, or experience, with at least 1 year of managing a team
- Have had a track record of service design experience or executing on a service designed by others, with their participation
- Have had strong operational experience of identifying problems, organizing programs, and scaling teams
- Will be independent and a self-starter, take initiative in understanding problems and collaborating to solve problems in the face of ambiguity
- Will be a big-picture thinker to solve for tomorrow while being able to understand the needs of today
- Have worked with remote teams OR geo-distributed teams in marketing, HR, hospitality, project management, or research operations roles
- Have worked with Research and high-growth startup environments a strong plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.