Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a Program Manager to support our Buyer Risk team in San Francisco. The role entails end-to-end ownership of our Buyer Risk manual review program, including constantly improving the effectiveness of the various processes across the team from review quality, tooling improvements, and management tracking. The ideal candidate has worked with a team of reviewers before and is familiar with the challenges involved in scaling manual review at an eCommerce marketplace.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive improvements and consistencies within manual review team through business analytics to recognize fraudulent and risky customer behavior and take appropriate action
- Iterate and help rollout policies, and measure effectiveness to ensure the best decisions are made consistently across the team
- Manage internal and external vendors to keep them accountable for SLA’s, coverage, and performance
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Business Development, and Data Science stakeholders
- Facilitate the training of new resources and auditing of workflow
- Work on and support strategic projects on systems improvement and process re-engineering
- Become well-versed in Wish Buyer Risk strategies to interact independently with stakeholders
- Drive, execute, and complete projects that don't clearly fall within a Risk subteam (especially when they pertain and/or require working collaboratively across multiple departments and leaders).
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience in Risk/Fraud/Trust & Safety/Customer Support/Quality Assurance focused role
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization, technical and non-technical audience
- A bias to action, an agile and creative problem solver with an ability to build relationships and collaborate across functions.
- Strong experience of creating presentations, written reports, training materials, processes, and project documentation
- Able to make day to day decisions without supervision or review
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the needs of the company on a changing basis
- Track record in planning, execution and delivery of projects.
- Team player, fast learner, self-motivated, result-oriented
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.