What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies, and customers together.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
RingCentral is looking for the Senior Director, Technical Program Management. You will lead a team of Program Managers in the quest to scale and lead the product and engineering teams to deliver quality products on time. You will be responsible for leading the strategy and efforts to scale, automate, and create efficiencies throughout the R&D organization.
- Lead a team of program managers who work across different product lines.
- Lead the team in creating scalable methods, best practices, and relevant KPIs. Develop and mentor the team in order to build strong leadership skills.
- Perform SWOT analysis across organizations, create recommendations for efficiency and quality, and set strategy and priorities for PMO.
- Create a scalable dependency management framework across multiple disciplines to better align product and engineering teams.
- Develop reporting mechanisms that are scalable.
- Exploit multiple tools (and recommend if necessary) for automation.
- Deep dive into areas that need attention; troubleshoot and bring structure to issues or departments.
- Foresee dependencies, risks, and issues -- build the appropriate program framework for projects and programs to deliver quality.
- Communicate system requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with cross-functional and global teams.
- Define, drive, and lead weekly operating mechanisms.
- Lead other cross-company projects when called upon.
- Get involved in anything that will help the Innovation department thrive (whether a big project or small task).
We are looking for a results-oriented, problem-solving leader who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to bring effective change to an organization. Must demonstrate how you’ve scaled and built a PMO team in a product technical field.
- Executive Communication skills. Ability to communicate information and ideas to individuals and teams in an articulate, focused, and compelling way. Ability to take loads of information and make it easily digestible for executives. Experience presenting to the C-Suite is a plus.
- Excellent planning and execution skills. You own and are accountable for delivering the execution of the overall strategy. You see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't. You simplify complex processes. You are exceptional at planning and can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
- Ability to drive and lead your team and cross-functional teams. You steadfastly push yourself and others for results while maintaining diplomacy and strong relationships. You love to collaborate with your team and inspire them to do their best.
- Technical experience. You understand the software development lifecycle and can hold your own with developers, product managers, & IT professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or related field and equivalent practical experience
- 15+ years in technical program management in the Cloud, SaaS, Software/Applications, UC or telecommunications fields
- Experience in building and scaling a product technical PMO team
- Experience in managing large, cross-company, complex projects with multi-function teams is preferred.
- Consistent experience working with executive teams.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Proven experience taking large releases/programs from planning to launch
Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Belmont, CA (close to highways 101, 280, and 92)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center, and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.