Senior Program Manager at Unity Technologies
Do you enjoy empowering teams of researchers, developers, designers and technical artists to do their best in the midst of complex production constraints? Do you thrive at helping people prioritize and plan ahead, untangling multi-team dependencies and supporting teams across the various development processes? Are you a tenacious alignment seeker, a master of chaos? Are you interested in helping developers and researchers drive solutions and demos to a polished sheen and report back status? Do you take pride in your ability to drive alignment around complex problems involving multiple stakeholder groups and tricky technology constraints?
As a program manager you will help drive the creation and evolution of the roadmap for a set of research and incubation teams working on multiple technologies key to the evolution of Unity. You will also coordinate, plan and follow technical prototype projects to showcase the newly developed research. You will work with each team to define clear and realistic research plans, help evaluate resource needs and balance schedules, team morale, and the overall vision.
- Coordinate with research and development and marketing team(s) as well as product management to build and maintain a clear path for research and development.
- Design, adapt and implement lightweight process solutions that address issues/impediments without hampering progress or autonomy of the team members.
- Facilitate collaboration with other teams and producers where more complex projects/initiatives require higher level coordination.
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, providing a concise high-level view into teams’ progress against goals.
- Use fluency in common research and prototype methodologies and deep empathy to improve team members’ ability to plan and deliver.
- Work closely with the team(s) to facilitate the identification of risks and mitigation approaches by the team.
- Experience in software project management and/or game production and working cross disciplinary teams.
- Collaboration and communication skills: listen to, speak with, and resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines in a clear and efficient manner.
- Results-oriented, organized and methodical, comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Producer experience in games production, notably with online, AAA console projects.
- Desire and willingness to travel to exciting European, American and other destinations to reach our global teams.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.