As Unity stretches its capabilities to meet the needs of the biggest – and smallest – use cases, we are in the midst of a data-oriented technology (DOTS) transformation that will enable all of our users to do more.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to facilitate operations and communications for the DOTS Runtime team located in San Francisco. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other disciplines, supporting the team in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company. You will ensure that products built on top of the DOTS Runtime, including Project Tiny, have a clear and realistic development plan.
As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a commitment to fostering a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your people skills are impeccable, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.
Due to the nature of the role, some international travel is to be expected.
- Act as a collaborative force to help independent teams work together, embracing divergent priorities, processes, and cultures
- Use fluency in common software production methodologies and deep empathy for developers to improve the team’s ability to plan and deliver software without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Coordinate with DOTS team leadership and product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of team priorities and dependencies
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go BOLD
- Extensive experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, internal and external
- Ability to gracefully manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset. Be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Working with distributed teams across time zones
- Experience with enterprise-scale software development
- Game development experience (Unity engine or otherwise
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.