Senior Technical Program Manager at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a decentralized, remote-first company, Coinbase is able to benefit from talent pools all over the world and India has long been known as a hub for engineering and technology innovation. By establishing some IT and ITeS services, including engineering, software development and customer support operations in India, the Coinbase group will be able to tap into this pool of engineering and technology talent.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly technical & cross functional in nature
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your stakeholders
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholders (Data Science, Product, Compliance, Marketing, Customer Experience, Engineering etc) to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration & executive readouts
- Create thorough functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Example programs you may project manage include: Launching Coinbase in a new market, working with Product to ship a new payment rail, digital asset, strategic initiative, or executing successful product content & Earn campaigns.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3 - 7+ years of technical program management experience at a technology company and/or in a technical capacity.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders inorder to drive alignement
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Experience with Payments, Financial Services, Regulatory or Compliance initiatives
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Tableau, SQL,
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.