Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Infrastructure team at Wish is the technical operations backbone of our shopping service. As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will drive complex technical projects within Infrastructure that directly support the reliability, scalability, and performance of Wish. Reporting to a technical leader within Infrastructure and peer to engineers, you will be at the front and tail end of project success.
You will be heavily engaged with each of the Infrastructure teams: Core Infrastructure Software, Tools and Automation, Security, Networking, and Data Center Infrastructure. There will also be interaction with other teams in Engineering and IT for projects that extend outside of Infrastructure. The successful Senior Technical Project Manager will have a passion for rapid development and organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan, initiate and manage major Infrastructure projects. Assess and mitigate risk exposure.
- Manage and maintain project backlogs and ensure forward momentum with project execution.Support the team by setting up Kanban and run SCRUM standups, monitoring burn down charts, and coordinating retrospectives.
- Manage project communication with stakeholders, including periodic reporting, and creating executive visibility
- Partner with Director level leadership on project execution and team efficiency. Experience developing roadmaps and resource plans with leadership.
- Comfortable interacting one-to-one with individual technical contributors, senior leaders, as well as coaching teams.
- Mentors individuals in best practices for planning and execution.
- Strong communication skills; skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communication.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in technical project management or Software Development.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile, and knowing when to use one or the other (or something else). Strong understanding of Agile methods and practices through multiple teams (Scrum and Kanban).
- Experience with planning and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence Wiki.
- Strong practical and advanced theoretical understanding of managing the life-cycle of large-scale programs and projects
- Practical understanding of online infrastructure components, such as containers, public cloud, datacenter, hybrid networking, CI/CD methods, distributed databases, elastic application operations, Linux.
- Certification in PMI, Agile or DevOps
- Knowledge of data infrastructure, machine learning
- Strong experience with software engineering practices
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.