Leyton is an innovative consultancy firm with a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Leyton represents a wide international market network around the world.
Currently in the US, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. Our compensation package is competitive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company's overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the US offer the opportunity to progress quickly.
Function of the role:
The Software Consultant will be exploring technical projects with US clients through discovery meetings, to identify where qualifying work is taking place. You will be working with existing and new clients who invest in R&D, to extend and expand their businesses.
The Software Consultant should have a passion for the tech industry, exposure to software or hardware engineering, and an interest in learning about businesses' state of the art R&D work. Please note there is no hands-on coding, engineering, or implementation involved in this role.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with clients to discuss their projects from the technical perspective, and identify qualifiying activities toward the R&D Tax Credit
- Drafting clear technical reporting related to R&D activities
- Generating new cost-saving opportunities for businesses in relation to their R&D projects in collaboration with the Tax Consultants
- Working with a variety of high-profile clients and liaising with leadership in the software, tech, and AI industry
- Interacting with the tax authority, to defend the claim if necessary
- Staying abreast of developments in industry
- Office-based role, travel rarely necessary
Desired experience and skills:
- Technical experience related to software, computer engineering, or hardware engineering (including college courses as part of a degree program, co-ops, or internships)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Passion for tech industry and subject matter, with desire to transition away from hands-on coding or engineering
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player