Software Engineer - Developer Relations at Plaid
!Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Plaid is building the infrastructure that powers the future of financial services. Our core constituency is developers, and as a Developer Advocate you’ll help build and maintain the developer community. They’re the interface between our products and our most technical customers.
As a Developer Advocate, you’ll build and maintain strong relationships with engineers and product managers across all parts of financial technology. Your core focus will be on engaging with startups and soon-to-be startups, but you’ll also spend time working with indie developers and those at large companies. You’ll also focus on crafting fantastic resources, including demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and blog posts. Your goal will be to create a strong community focused on building fantastic tools and services, and serve as a champion for developers across fintech.
Externally you will
- Build awareness of Plaid and inspire developers to build on top of Plaid’s products and APIs
- Participate in the fintech ecosystem and community, building strong relationships with engineers, product managers, and founders
- Create opportunities for the community to contribute to Plaid, from startups and soon-to-be startups to engineers at large companies
- Craft and maintain world-class resources for developers beyond our API and SDK, such as demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and blog posts
- Hack on new and unique ways to grow and better engage with developers
- Champion Plaid’s products to developers through speaking at conferences, contributing to and hosting events, and engaging through other channels
Internally at Plaid, you will
- Source and filter developer feedback and sentiment about Plaid, working closely with product managers
- Advocate for 3rd party developers internally, and make sure that everyone in engineering, product, design, and support has a consistent understanding of our developers’ needs
- Work closely with marketing on our brand
What excites us
- You’re one of the friendliest people you know and a natural networker
- Inherently altruistic and wanting to help solve other people’s problems
- Strong engineering background and comfort working across multiple languages
- Highly creative and energetic
- A history of participating in developer communities, whether through open source contributions, hackathons, meetups, or other avenues
- Engaging communicator, both written and in-person
- Excitement about speaking publicly and representing Plaid to large audiences
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excited to travel regularly
- Scrappiness as we are still small and actively building the Developer Relations team
We’d love to hear from you! Please include links to your online presence (ex: Github, StackOverflow, Quora, Twitter, LinkedIn), a code sample or two (if not already on Github), and any blog posts/talks you’re proud of.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description