Sr. Project Manager (Returnly) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
What you'll do
- This role requires the successful candidate to oversee the planning and reporting of software development projects on an iteration basis.
- Manage a team of Project Managers based in different time zones and world locations.
- Oversee long, medium and short term roadmaps to facilitate new features or products.
- Help Product, Engineering and Go-To-Market teams establish and track realistic goals and schedules.
- Ensure project objectives are delivered for multiple key stakeholders over the project life cycle.
- Manage deadlines and guide multiple teams to encourage timely delivery of new products, features or improvements.
- Guide and develop Project Managers to effectively manage multiple projects while offering continuous advice on Best Practices and career development.
- Manage scope, issue and risk management, including communicating and facilitating resolutions or plans for mitigation.
- Communicate effectively to multiple key stakeholders, on different teams, project status updates and any risks / mitigation required
What we look for
- 6+ years experience of working as Project Manager in technical development projects.
- Experience managing client expectations and requirements.
- Strong leadership skills to manage the Project Management team and multiple other teams in various time zones.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Team focused, highly self-motivated, attention to detail, and enjoys learning and new challenges.
- Fantastic time management skills along with scheduling and goal setting abilities.
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research with certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Identify and track key metrics to improve different teams productivity.
- Expert level using JIRA.
- The ability to gather and communicate information to a wide variety of stakeholders in different written and verbal formats.
- SOC compliance experience useful but not essential.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.