Strategic Partner Manager
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As a Strategic Partner Manager, you will report to our VP of Business Development and help contribute to Chime’s revenue and growth. This role spans ownership of partners that help contribute to a fast growing, high margin revenue stream with our marketplace, as well as owning partners that help drive new user growth to Chime.
This role requires coordination with our partners to drive Chime’s revenue and growth objectives, as well as working with internal stakeholders to ensure partners have a smooth onboarding, development, implementation, and launch. The ideal candidate is excited about growing a base of revenue and creatively finding new opportunities for partners with Chime, but also capable of engaging in difficult conversations with partners and saying “no” when an opportunity may not be in Chime’s best interest.
You’ll own the end-to-end opportunity from helping to build initial relationships to using your analytical skill set to deliver regular partner performance reporting & evaluation. You’ll also set the direction of where this offering can go and how deeply we may want to integrate with our best performing partners to further optimize performance. Lastly, you’ll work with product and marketing to experiment and test new marketing channels and collateral to drive even more financial peace of mind for our members and value to Chime.
- Manage onboarding process of new partners internally with our legal, compliance, finance, and marketing teams, diligently keeping track of on top of where partners are in our funnel
- Document key partnership terms, ensure partners have the most up to date collateral, and conduct periodic performance reviews
- Pull and analyze data to provide on-going reporting and basic projections from internal and third party platforms
- Prioritize, measure, and optimize revenue and conversion from partnerships by analyzing performance data and the results of experimentation tests
- Identify opportunities to grow and optimize revenue from existing partners through additional opportunities, including rate negotiation, new copy, and new marketing channels within Chime and with our partners
- Analytical grounding (including basic to intermediate Excel and data analysis skills) and thought process in order to both prioritize opportunities and evaluate performance of partners
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational ability to manage multiple partners at once
- Proven track record of relationship development, economic term negotiation, problem solving, and carrying difficult conversations
- Ability to shift seamlessly from big picture thinking to detailed operations and tactical execution
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and quickly
- Self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to focus and thrive under minimal guidance
- Existing account management or partner management experience preferred
- BA/BS required or equivalent work experience
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.