Strategy & Operations Associate, Subscription
DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to help grow and manage the DashPass subscription business.
About the Team
The Strategy & Operations team oversees the strategic development at DoorDash. The Strategy & Operations Associate will define the value of a new initiative, run and refine experiments to increase subscription growth. You will dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and work side-by-side with external teams to develop the future of the subscription product.
Our best Associates are data-driven, truth seekers, strategic thought partners, operators, and have exceptional relationship-building skills. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution. Think this is you? Read on…
What You’ll Do
- Define the strategy and vision of the subscription business - Work on the products, pricing and strategy needed to create the market-leading subscription business
- Analyze and understand subscribers – complete end-to-end analysis that allows us to better understand our subscription users and innovate to improve their experience
- Model the future – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic impacts of various programs and how they impact the broader DoorDash business
- Influence and engage across the company - partner with the sales, marketing, analytics and product teams to define subscription goals and execute on strategic initiatives
- Optimize through experimentation – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything that will accelerate subscriber acquisition and improve subscriber retention
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountable and Entrepreneurial - You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth metrics and company vision
- Gritty and Generalist – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful no matter what the problem or area of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job responsibilities
- 1+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or subscription business experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and understanding of SQL or other language
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.