Technical Producer, Spotlight at Unity Technologies
The Spotlight Team works closely with the best Game Studios and Developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. We implement new Unity features, or optimize current features in conjunction with our partners.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical P to support the Spotlight team across all its projects. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, partner management, product management, and other stakeholders, implementing lightweight solutions to ensure quality, predictability and transparency in the development process. In addition, maintaining and supporting our relationships with our external partners is also critical. You will be successful in this role, if you are comfortable wearing multiple hats such as being a diplomat, coach, reporter, translator and firefighter.
This role is based in San Francisco, but our team and partners are spread around the world so a certain amount of travel is expected.
- Work with the Spotlight team leads to maintain a roadmap of both internal and external projects
- Collaborate with project managers in other parts of the organization to support healthy feature development throughout Unity
- Ensure partners and in-house teams work together fluently, respecting divergent processes and cultures
- Design process solutions that address issues/impediments without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Create regular project status updates for internal and external stakeholders
- Support Unity’s core values: Democratize Development, Solve Hard Problems, and Enable Success
- Strong experience in software project management and working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies, including agile and waterfall
- Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems - JIRA, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc...
- Experience in software engineering
- Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.