At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. On our Product and Platform Engineering teams, we need to provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services as well as the engineers building these services. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our Engineering Teams to drive important Compliance initiatives. Projects/programs will require general cross organization coordination/facilitation and ownership of results.
What You’ll Do
- Owning Compliance Programs - You’ll manage critical initiatives that will allow teams to work seamlessly by collaborating closely with Internal Audit, Operations, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure the successful implementation of compliance controls throughout the organization.
- Building & Maintaining Documentation - You’ll develop succinct and high quality internal documentation related to your programs.
- Navigating the Organization - You’ll build knowledge and trust of internal teams to enable efficient execution of programs plans.
- Communications - You’ll manage communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Process - You’ll develop process/frameworks to ensure teamwork is streamlined and optimized for velocity.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7-10 years recent experience as a Technical Project Manager, Technical Program Manager at a technology company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
- Minimum 3 years of recent domain experience in and/or direct exposure to any of the following: Internal Controls and Auditing, SOX.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall. Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents, estimating, and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired.
Nice To Haves
- PMP certification
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.