Technical Program Manager, Consumer
At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. We need to provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services as well as the engineers building these services on our Consumer team. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our Engineering Teams to drive important initiatives that will grow and scale our business. Projects/programs will require general cross organization coordination/facilitation and ownership of results.
What You’ll Achieve
- Owning Consumer Programs - You’ll manage critical programs that will allow teams to work seamlessly by collaborating closely with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure we ship high-quality, well-designed, impactful software products.
- Building & Maintaining Documentation - You’ll develop succinct and high quality internal documentation related to your programs.
- Navigating the Organization - You’ll build knowledge and trust of internal teams to enable efficient execution of infrastructure programs plans.
- Communications - You’ll manage communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management for any consumer-facing project.
- Process - You’ll develop process/frameworks to ensure teamwork is streamlined and optimized for velocity.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
- You’re highly organized and care about the details.
- You celebrate your successes, but also admit your missteps and learn from feedback - we’re all human.
- You’re growth-minded and eager to expand your skill set.
- You understand both the big picture and the details.
- You display adaptability, resiliency, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly!
- You lead and influence teams to make the right trade offs.
- 7-10 years of program management in a technology company.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills - we partner with every team in the company.
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development.
- Knowledge of standard practices such as SDLC, Agile, Waterfall.
Nice To Haves
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- SQL querying or other data analysis skills.