At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. On our Production Engineering and Platform Engineering teams we need to provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services as well as the engineers building these services. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our Engineering Teams to drive important initiatives that will grow and scale our business. Projects/programs will require general cross organization coordination/facilitation and ownership of results.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll manage critical programs that will allow teams to work seamlessly by collaborating closely with Operations, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure we ship high-quality, well-designed, impactful software products
- You’ll develop succinct and high-quality internal documentation related to your programs
- You’ll build knowledge and trust of our teams to allow efficient execution of infrastructure programs plans
- You’ll manage communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management for any consumer-facing project
- You’ll develop process/frameworks to ensure teamwork is streamlined and optimized for velocity
- You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years recent experience as a Technical Project Manager, Technical Program Manager at a technology company
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems
- Minimum 3 years of recent domain experience driving web and mobile development projects/programs
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a deep understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall
- Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing product/technical design documents, prioritization, setting milestones, effort estimation, and scheduling
Nice To Haves
- SQL querying or other data analysis skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.