Technical Program Manager, Consumer
At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. On our Production Engineering and Platform Engineering teams we need to provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services as well as the engineers building these services. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our Engineering Teams to drive important initiatives that will grow and scale our business. Projects/programs will require general cross organization coordination/facilitation and ownership of results.
What You’ll Achieve
- Owning Consumer Programs - You’ll manage critical programs that will allow teams to work seamlessly by collaborating closely with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure we ship high-quality, well-designed, impactful software products
- Building & Maintaining Documentation - You’ll develop succinct and high quality internal documentation related to your programs.
- Navigating the Organization - You’ll build knowledge and trust of internal teams to enable efficient execution of infrastructure programs plans.
- Communications - You’ll manage communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management for any consumer-facing project.
- Process - You’ll develop process/frameworks to ensure teamwork is streamlined and optimized for velocity.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
- You’re highly organized and care about the details.
- You celebrate your successes, but also admit your missteps and learn from feedback - we’re all human.
- You’re growth-minded and eager to expand your skill set.
- You understand both the big picture and the details.
- You are a self starter and can demonstrate adaptability, resilience, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly!
- You lead and influence teams to make the right trade offs.
- 7-10 years recent experience as a Technical Project Manager, Technical Program Manager at a technology company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
- Minimum 3 years of recent domain experience driving web and mobile development projects/programs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and influence roadmaps.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall.
- Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing product/technical design documents, prioritization, setting milestones, effort estimation, and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP certification desired