Technical Program Manager - Engineering Operations at Plaid
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 31, 2020
At Plaid, we believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create the next generation of financial services applications. Today, hundreds of companies such as Stripe, Venmo, and Betterment rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system.
As an early team member on the Technical Program Management team, you'll partner with all levels of the organization to build processes and programs that scale as we continue our rapid growth. This role combines strategic planning, execution of engineering vision, business management, project management, and internal communications.
Our engineering culture favors bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our talented team. We're looking for a TPM who will empower engineers, partner with engineering managers, and collaborate with our Head of Engineering to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
What excites you
- Defining, executing, and governing strategically important engineering initiatives and driving improvements in these areas
- Leading projects from ideation, strategy, planning, delivery, and launch
- Continuously identifying ways to improve operational workflows and drive process improvements
- Collaborating with partners across the company—such as Product, Design, Support, Marketing, Recruiting, PeopleOps, and Business Operations—to drive team cohesion and efficiency
- Managing the flow of information both within the engineering team and the broader company
What excites us
- Experience prioritizing ambiguous problem areas, driving alignment, and building consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including the ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfort with a fast-changing environment, while focusing on execution and delivery in a data-informed environment
- An eye for continual improvement, and passion for efficiency and operational excellence
- An ability to challenge assumptions and strive for improvements
- 3+ years experience working within a technical organization or with technical partners
- Previous experience as a TPM, Product Manager, Engineering Manager, or Software Engineer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description