Technical Program Manager, IAM at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase, maintaining a high security bar earns us the trust of millions of customers. They choose to buy, sell and store billions of dollars worth of digital assets in our products. As a Technical Program Manager on the Security Engineering team, you’ll balance maintaining and scaling the program keeping our digital assets secure.
The Security Engineering team works closely with our engineering and security customers to build security services that keep our digital assets secure. We maintain a high security bar while reducing security friction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate and drive accountability in geographically distributed logistical operations between engineering, security, IT, compliance, management, and third parties
- Communicate risks, expectations, and timelines to stakeholders and management
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your stakeholders
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Drive improvements for heavily operational processes with multiple stakeholder dependencies
- Own the successful delivery of our digital asset program from end to end
- Maintain compliance with contractual requirements, security policies, and procedures
What we look for in you:
- You influence and drive toward fast and complex decisions involving stakeholders at various levels within Coinbase
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- You are willing to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- You have experience in successfully applying Lean, Agile, ITIL, Toyota Kata or process improvement to previous workflows
- You are an expert at coordinating highly technical and non-technical teams
- You are self-motivated and can demonstrate a sense of urgency in high-intensity environments
- You can design and improve procedures that solve problems in simple and scalable ways
- You enjoy shifting between operations, project management and strategy to help drive the program’s success
Nice to haves:
- Certification in Program or Project Management
- Advanced understanding of Google apps and JIRA
- You have experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
- You have experience working as a software engineering or IT manager
- You have experience navigating software and hardware testing activities
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.