Technical Program Manager, Merchant at DoorDash
At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. We need to provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services as well as the engineers building these services on our Merchant team. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
Our team is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our Engineering Teams to drive important initiatives that will grow and scale our business. Projects/programs will require general cross organization coordination and facilitation, merchant partner interaction, and ownership of results.
What you’ll do
- Own merchant programs - You’ll manage critical programs that will allow teams to work seamlessly.
- Manage merchant relationships - You’ll interact with key Merchant Program, Product, Operations, and Engineering Teams and represent DoorDash in detailed discussions related to feature development or enhancements.
- Building & Maintaining Documentation - You’ll develop succinct and high quality internal documentation related to your programs.
- Navigate the Organization - You’ll build knowledge and trust of internal teams to enable efficient execution of infrastructure programs plans.
- Communications - You’ll manage communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
- You’re highly organized and care about the details.
- You celebrate your successes, but also admit your missteps and learn from feedback - we’re all human.
- You’re growth-minded and eager to expand your skill set.
- You understand both the big picture and the details.
- You display adaptability, resiliency, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly!
- You lead and influence teams to make the right trade offs.
- 5-7 years of program management in a technology company
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills - we partner with every team in the company
- Knowledge of standard practices such as SDLC, Agile
- Bachelor's Degree
- SQL querying or other data analysis skills
Why you’ll love working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.