Technical Program Manager at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is looking for someone with a proven track record in leading technical, cross-functional teams in the delivery of IT. You will be focusing on our day to day operations, partnering closely with many teams outside of IT, managing budgets, and building out new office spaces. You will report on schedule, identified risks, decisions and actions and use data to drive decision-making and process improvements.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own successful delivery of large, effective and highly cross-functional programs while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects.
- Work closely with our internal IT teams programs - CPE, Networking, Support, Infrastructure
- Plan programs and projects based on a defined need – results in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline
- Monitor and control the work to ensure that projects remain on track and in control
- Work with our GRC team to execute and plan for all compliance measures
- Coordinate all things IT related with new office builds (SF, Denver, NYC, etc)
- Drive measurable and agreed-to business outcomes, championing a kanban like approach while effectively working cross functionally
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years working in a technical program manager role or similar
- Strong technical background, detailed driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience managing projects, programs, timelines, and driving deliverables
- Ability to speak the IT language across multiple disciplines
- Exceptional business acumen with analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work cross functionally to determine acceptable solutions
- Proven ability to work effectively in a changing, rapidly growing environment
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.