TIP: Technical Project Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing Cloud Engineering projects to ensure execution and that all project costs, schedules and objectives are met. You will initially be focused on Corporate Technology (IT) and Service Management initiatives but will need to have experience in multiple technology disciplines and running projects across highly distributed teams as the role will be leveraged across multiple Cloud Engineering efforts.
● Help lead project management for a portfolio of technology programs for Cloud Engineering
● Coordinate cross-functional meetings to build project plans, release plans and other artifacts as needed
● Provide leadership to ensure the timely execution and delivery of the activities contained in the project plan and schedule.
● Remove ambiguity by connecting teams or individuals so sprints and tasks progress as scheduled
● Maintain data integrity, completeness and accuracy in team tools for work tracking and reporting
● Ensure effective and efficient meetings such as stand-ups, sprint planning, release planning and retrospectives
● Assist in translating roadmap items into documented projects, milestones and tasks
● Manage the communications and status updates around each of the roadmap projects
● Report on project metrics and progress on a consistent basis
● Call out impediments that cannot be resolved by the teams
● Partner with team owners to fulfill the scrum master role where needed. Help teams to live agile values, processes and actions for continuous improvement.
● 6+ years of Technical Project Management experience in a related industry
● You have shown success leading multiple major and concurrent technology program management efforts
● Significant experience working with engineering leadership, technical teams and individual contributors
● Ability to communicate authoritatively at a sufficient technical depth
● Experience with JIRA, Confluence and modern tools for project and broader Program management
● Able to work 40 hours a week during US business hours, preferably PSTNice to have items:
● Experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
● Experience with DevOps model
● Experience working on InfoSec, IT and Customer related projects
● SCRUM certified or equivalent experience
● PMP certification or equivalent experience
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.